Today, we’ve got a good one with an exploration of how well goats work for weed control, as well as some tactics we have learned about over the past “almost year” of having these playful little devils — and they are devils — on our land.
What mother nature is providing
- Shagbark Hickory Update
- Deadnettle is starting to spring up
- Bees legs are full of pollen
- Watercress may be big enough this week to harvest a round
- Bad mushroom year – all my best logs are gone
- Eggapalooza –
Getting the Gardens Ready
- Seedling trays – maybe – big trip to houston coming up and not sure if things will be in place
- Special replay this week: Growing your Own Seedlings.
- Mud farming – facial idea
Tales from the prepper pantry
- Marty the pig will graduate in a few weeks – a confession
- Laying plans to eat more green beans – for some reason this year we’ve been finding lots of collard greens and not hitting the canned stores
- Still swimming in sweet potatoes – anyone got some fun recipes?
- Onions from last fall will be done in about two weeks, just as the wild garlic is coming on
- Duplex taxes are done – so much more to do on taxes
- Arranged for Marty to be processed
Make it a great week!