Today is that moment you have all been waiting for: A debrief of our visit to see Dori at her place, 40 Acres and a Cave. We will have a short debrief of what happened for the visit and a run down of some things we can all learn from what she is doing out there with that fantastic property.
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Harvested my sweet potatoes and got about ¾ of a bushel for the prepper pantry.
- Curing Sweet potato
- Last green bean harvest of the season
- Blueberry oatmeal
- Still have not done the big move-in for Winter 2018
- The great lasagna and the mandolin zucchini noodles
What Mother Nature is providing
- Ap: Swiss chard is coming on
- First Oyster mushrooms – planning to put up a ton
- Last of the sage
- Lemon balm – last call
- Almost time for horseradish
Stump the Sauce
- Oxtail: Paired with jerk or curry – http://coopcancook.com/braised-oxtails/
- What Sauce would do: sear then do a roemertopf with smoked paprika, rosemary, garlic, salt, peppers, carrots, onion, salt – served over sauteed mushroom or rice with a broth made from the rendered juices of the roemertopf and a bit of stock – because there is always stock.
- The great plumbing repair: $150
- Taxes really did get sent – next up: more taxes
- The gas dryer story
- Coffee of the month is starting to sell
A debrief of 40 Acres and a Cave
Make it a great week!
Song: Anonymous by Sauce