So, this episode will focus on a man I have long admired in our area: Billy Kaufman of Short Mountain Distillery. Billy moved to Tennessee with a vision. What he started doing morphed into where he is today and we had a great talk about his distillery, the Haunted Woods event, and his journey from arrival to where he is today. There is so much to learn from how he has flexed and adjusted as he develops his farm into something beautiful. And while the what of he is doing has changed, his vision remains largely unchanged. It is a great example of how sticking to a vision over a tactic can help you launch the lifestyle you want.
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- The weather went from the low 90s to 60s in 24 hours and it is time
- Hen of the woods while at Dori’s place
- Tomatoes are finally on the agenda
- Getting Ready to extract honey
What Mother Nature is providing
- Ap: Green beans, greens
- Harvesting a round of spices to dry for winter use
- Did a property walk and homestead plan with 40 Acres and a Cave which is giving me the data I need to offer more of these in the coming year – and it was so much fun I am dying to tell you about it.
- Paid off a card in the game of finance with a check that was very very very late in arriving.
- Launched Coffee of the Month
Main topic of the show: Haunted Woods, Moonshine, and the Power of Vision with Billy Kaufmann
Question: How are you surrounding yourself with doers or takers?
Make it a great week!
Song: Learning What Leaving Is, by Sauce