Today, we have an exploration topic: Navigating tough communications and interpersonal relationships. What does that have to do with homesteading or independence? Well it turns out it has a lot to do with both those things.
What Mother Nature is providing
- Squash bugs and vine borers have won yet again – the early heat wave.
- Tomatoes, green beans, okra, corn
- Elderberry, sumac berries, lemon balm
- Mimosa flowers are still going strong
- Still haven’t seen blueberries
- Confession on garlic: You can’t dig when you have pneumonia
What we are preserving this week
- Buch update
- Drying sage, lemonbalm and peppermint
- Canning corn and beans
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- From last week: It’s about time to re-organize all the canned goods and take an assessment
- Operation prepper pantry fury as Brian would say
- Defrosting the chest freezer will happen soon – as soon as I am well
- Phone consultation question
- Listening twice
- Refined focus has helped despite losing weeks to illness.
- Increased the debt payoff allocation (emergency fund is back in place, had a good month with our Airbnb, paper sold the most ads ever this edition)
- Taxes are getting closer
Topic: Navigating Tough Communication
Song: Cilly Song