I have a special one for you today. Remember the lady who bought the acreage in the Ozarks with multiple dilapidated cabins and a cave with a restaurant built into it? That’s right, I had a chance to catch up with Dori a few weeks ago and find out how her winter went, where she has made progress and what her past 9 months or so have been like. Yes, today you get to hear about her walk toward independence, one year later.
What Mother Nature is providing
- The first tomato! (and New tomato transplants in the aquaponics system)
- Everything – we are getting just about everything right now minus Okra.
- Summer salads
- Creamy cucumber with dill
- German style potato salad (shhhh Lynn)
- Tart Pasta Salad
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- CANNING SEASON
Advice from the Cocktail Whisperer
(See more from David over at Biltong for Breakfast)
- Icy Smooth Bourbon Beverage
- $500 for grey water repair which is FINALLY done
- $1 a load for not drying the laundry with propane
Homestead Design One Year Later – An interview with Dori
Make it a great week.
Song: Wolf by Sauce (At Dori’s request)
Photos from 40 Acres and a Cave