Today, we explore why adding creative pursuits into your life helps you succeed in other areas, even if you are not the best in show in whatever creative thing you choose to learn. You may be wondering what this has to do with designing a successful and happy life, homesteading, freedom, or side hustles. Here’s the thing. It’s hard to justify it in a pithy soundbite. But creative pursuits result in physical, mental and emotional benefits. So hang with me on this and I hope you will find ways to reprogram yourself through creative pursuits as you design the life you love.
This episode is dedicated to Puff — our kitty that was with us for too short a time.
What Mother Nature is providing
- Goldenseal, a plant rife with medicinal uses
- Salve season is here with the comfrey and jewelweed right at perfect harvest size for this purpose.
- Aquaponics update: Another salad has resulted from the system, which is crankin out some growth. We added 20 goldfish last night and have lost one so far. And I did plant all the seeds in advance of what was supposed to be a rainy day. It’s sunny. And blazing hot.
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
- Still getting set up to dry teas for the winter
- Hoping to see beets at the farmers market soon.
13 hours in the car with Mama Sauce has helped me restructure time in a way that I think will leave more room for creative pursuits – guys – if you can’t afford a consultant to help you deconstruct your choices as you build your life the way you want it, find some close friends and ask for coaching from them. The outside view is instrumental in helping you get more effective and this long talk with mama sauce really helped me adjust some priorities that were more oriented toward urgent rather than important.
Five benefits of building creative pursuits into your life.
Song: Feed My Hunger by Sauce
Make it a great week!