It’s been awhile since we explored a freedom topic, and as most of you know, the ability to live life as freely as possible is one reason that Mark and I have chosen to go on this homesteading journey. So today, I thought that it might be fun to examine something about freedom that most people don’t talk much about: building the ability to know what is none of your business. You’ve all heard the term “Nimby” right? Well today we will walk through that, along with our usual segments and a few tales from the Holler.
What Mother Nature is providing
• Dryad’s Saddle
• Watercress, deadnettle and wild mustard flowers
• Poke and hairy vetch should be coming out soon
Tales from the Prepper Pantry
• The blue bins and resulting can of snakes
• Pickled beets in deviled eggs
• Three final squashes to be buried in the garden
• Onions still hanging in there
• 8 jars of turkey stock put up
Getting the gardens ready
• Seedlings are in place
• Need to trim the raspberries and thin out the wood chips
• Hoping to see asparagus soon
• Turkey: Cooked on Sunday and lasted the whole week, yielding 8 jars of stock put up, 2 cans of stock in the fridge, 1 large stew, turkey tacos, and turkey scramble. Even the pigs got in on the scramble because I made too much. The turkey cost $11, carrots and other ingredients cost about $8 and we hardly had anything but turkey related items all week.
>>Surprise savings ninja segment
• The pump replacement store
• Workshop preparations
o Composting toilet
o House of cards cleanup project
o Outdoor shower redo
Questions to ask yourself as you explore the question: What is None of your Business?
Song: Feed My Hunger by Sauce