Join us at the Holler Homestead as we spend two and a half days learning from each other about homesteading arts, transforming a side hustle into your main hustle, and more!
This ain’t your DADDY’s homesteading workshop.
- Session facilitators eager to help you well beyond the presentation.
- Real food and plenty of it.
- Beverages and hijinks make for great networking
If you are interested in permaculture, farming, or getting your own side hustle going, this is THE best place to come in Tennessee in 2018.
Workshop costs: $400
Location: Lancaster, TN
We are finalizing the WHEN, but the following schedule is how each day will shape up.
- Aquaponics with Jack Spirko
- Mead Making: Beginning and Beyond with Michael Vertrees
- Build Your Cold Smoker for $80 or less in an hour with David Oswalt
- Efficient small scale homesteading and function stacking with David Seigler
- Crypto Currency Trading Bots with Kurt Dugger
- Building a Forge and Making a Down and Dirty Knife that You Wouldn’t Show Your Mom with Patrick Roehrman
- Fermentation Basics with Karley Thompson
- Building Solar Thermal Air and Water Heaters with Shawn Mills
- Turning Your Side Hustle Into A Full Time Gig with Nicole Sauce
- Guerrilla Gardening When You Can’t Just Go to Walmart for Supplies, Christopher Kahler
- A HomeSteader’s Tour of Woe: Check out the things that Nicole Sauce would have done differently 10 years ago, had she known about permaculture when she started.
- PROJECT Accelerators – present your idea in 5 minutes and get feedback from all of the experts on site!
Featured Speaker: Jack Spirko from The Survival Podcast!
7:30pm Hangout Time
Evening Barter Blanket
What are the lodging options?
Camping On Site
We’ve got room for 8-10 tents on site and LOTS of cedar trees to hang hammocks from.
AirBnB Rentals Nearby
We are working with some nearby cabin renters to find a cabin or two for people to share who prefer less rustic digs. When you register, let us know if you want to be put on this list!
There are several seedy motels in Carthage and Smithville that can house you. We will shoot you a list after you register.
What is your cancellation policy
Your deposit is nonrefundable and it holds your spot.
Can I bring my dog?
No. We have livestock and a grumpy old protective dog. Your dog is not safe here – or my dog is not. Either way, we simply can’t have other people’s dogs on the property.
What about bringing children?
This workshop is not appropriate for children under 14. This property is not designed for small children to be safe unless they are constantly supervised. You’re not going to want to do that.
There will be alcoholic beverages consumed at this event, probably some foul language and so forth, so make sure you are comfortable with your teen being around this group if you choose to bring them.
Last time we allowed children at an event, they broke some really expensive stuff including my coffee roaster by pouring water into it.