https://livingfreeintennessee.com/wp-content/uploads/thanksgiving.jpg 1344 2400 Nicole Sauce https://livingfreeintennessee.com/wp-content/uploads/LFTN-logo-wide_reversed_201810_384X156.png Nicole Sauce2016-11-22 13:41:412016-12-27 19:57:24Episode 12: A Homesteader’s Thanksgiving
What mother nature is providing
- It got too cold (waah>waaaaaaah) The watercress, long a tradition at Thanksgiving is distressingly short.
- Mushrooms may make an appearance but we are resigning ourselves to using last year’s dried ones
- Cabbages are the size of softballs – I think I am finally going to be successful growing it in Tennessee!! The secret? Soil and row cover.
Stories from the Holler
- The helicopter that had to fix the helicopter issue
- Beehive update: We got in, Mama Sauce helped
- The dead chicken
What the election means to a homesteader
- Savory Sweet Potatoes
- Rosemary/garlic brine
- Habanero cranberry sauce recipe
- Cheesecake Recipe (Oh yeah – I lost this but will fund it soon!)
- Buttery Chestnut Dressing