Direct Download Link.
Today, we will have a Holler Homestead update. I want to share with you some of the stories from our part of the country that have happened in the last few weeks, take a look at where our focus is as we seek to increase the food we produce on site and talk about what we are focusing on moving into the new year.
What we are preserving this week…
- Apple cider – the final round
- Apple sauce
- Drying herbs: Basil, comfrey, peppermint
What mother nature is providing…
- Oyster mushrooms!
- A cabbage update – we have some 🙂 and carrots too!
- A deer from the neighbor
- Holy Helicopter Batman
- Sweet potatoes successful for the first time
- CANT OPEN ONE OF MY HIVES
- Firewood – ho!
- The great cleanup of 2016
Advice on my cookbook: 365 pages, one recipe each? 12 months? A weekly recipe?
Song: Thanks Dave, by Kirk VanDerveer